I am proud to present to you spaces maps. I have seen so many fancy mapping services for MySpace and other networking sites so I decided to make one for spaces.
spaces maps lets you put a map gadget on your space and it will plot visitors who come to your space on the map. There is a selection of maps to choose from and the sign up is a one step process. You just need to choose a username. Here is a tutorial on how to use the service:
1. Sign up
- Go to www.spacesmaps.com
- Choose your username and your map style. Please choose your username and map type with caution as you cannot change it later, although you can just sign up for a new map later on.#
2.Getting the spaces maps gadget onto Windows Live Spaces
- After you have created your map, it will give you a link to the gadget. Click on the link and you will be taken to the gadget page. Install the gadget on your space.
- After your gadget is installed on your space, position it on your space. I recommend putting it on the side. Please note the map will re-size accordingly with respect to where the gadget is placed. Save your space layout.
- After you are satisfied with your layout, Enter your spaces maps Username, this is the username you signed up with in Step 1 and click on Save.
- Preview your Space and you will see your spaces map with the map style you selected.
3. Seeing your spaces maps statistics
- Click on your spaces map and you will be taken to your spaces maps page.
- You can view your the number of visitors who visited your spaces (front-page) with the Day, Week, Month and All Times option. It shows the number of visitors in a Month by default.
- You will also notice your map on this page and a Virtual Earth Map with all your visitors plotted on it with red pins as Indicators. You can Zoom in/out of this map and also navigate to any place on earth. There are different views such as Aerial, Satellite and Hybrid. Use your mouse to move about and your Scroll button to zoom in and out.
- You may have some privacy concerns regarding the plotting but I want to let you know that is not accurate enough to be a security threat. I am currently in Newcastle Upon Tyne and it did plot me in Newcastle Upon Tyne, just NOT in the correct area and street. Therefore I can tell you it is safe.
- You can also access your spaces maps stats page from www.spacesmaps.com itself. You will notice that there is a sign-in panel for existing users. Just enter your username and you can view your stats at any time.
spaces maps © 2007 | A d3vmax – Bransen Production
Unknown on Windows Live Events & new… Unknown on Talking about events and … Unknown on 93 million users can’t b… Unknown on Dallas puts me in weird p… Unknown on Dallas puts me in weird p…